Sandwiches and potatoes are a perfect combination. Potato sandwiches are an all time favorite dish of everyone. Especially, kids are crazy about these. The potato sandwich can be made with a very minimal effort. It can be the perfect breakfast for your kid or a delicious after school snack too. It is a very filling and healthy snack and can be made with extremely simple ingredients which are always available in our kitchens. It can be prepared in a matter of a few minutes. Here, we are sharing the pretty simple ingredients and the amazing recipe of potato sandwich which can be easily made at home.
- Boiled potatoes
- Bread slices
- Onion rings
- Chopped green chilli
- Sliced tomatoes
- Tomato ketchup
- Ghee or Butter
- Black pepper powder
- Black salt
- Chaat masala
- Take the boiled potatoes in a bowl and mash the potatoes very well so that no lumps are formed.
- To the mashed potatoes, add half a tablespoon of black salt and mix it properly with the potatoes.
- Now, take four slices of bread on a chopping board and cut out their outer edges. It is completely optional though.
- Apply a layer of the tomato ketchup on each slice of the bread.
- Add a layer of the delicious mashed potatoes over 2 bread slices.
- Sprinkle some black pepper powder and chat masala over the same 2 slices.
- Add some onion rings, tomato slices and chopped green chilli on the bread.
- Now, cover the slices with two other slices of bread.
- Then, heat a pan along with a tablespoon of ghee or butter and let it melt for a minute.
- After that, put the sandwich on the pan and let it get roasted. Roast each side for a minute.
- If you want, you can cut the sandwich into diagonal pieces. Voila! The simple and mouth-watering sandwiches are ready to be served.
Watch this step by step video for How to Make Potato Sandwich At Home:
So, we have mentioned one of the best and simplest potato sandwich recipes. Do not forget to try this at home. You can even add your favorite ingredients in the sandwich and give it a completely new twist.