The world is turning cashless. We shop, pay bills, and monitor our investments online. It has made the old-fashioned methods of writing checks and withdrawing money from ATMs very outdated and unsuitable. If you too are a fan of online transactions, you must be familiar with PayPal payment app. It dominates the field. But PayPal is not the only payment getaway app in the market. Slowly and gradually, PayPal’s performance has degraded and that is the reason why other payment apps are getting more popular.
Why Is PayPal not great anymore?
- PayPal is not available in some countries like Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran etc.
- They hold payment without any specific reason.
- Its international fees are way too high.
- It is most suitable for smaller amounts.
Alternatives to PayPal:
1. Google Wallet: Google Wallet is an app that can be trusted blindly as it is a product of the company, Google. Earlier it was known as Google’s Checkout. It is a very user-friendly app. Money can be easily sent to friends and family members. It is extremely safe. Google Wallet is a pretty good alternative to PayPal. With the help of the Fraud Protection feature, you can protect your information and unauthorized transactions as well.
2. Payoneer: Payoneer is an American company which was started in 2005. They have added countries like India, Iran, and Pakistan etc. recently. This payment app helps in getting money without any stress from U.S. and European countries. It charges a very minimal amount of money for the transaction, unlike other payment apps. Signup can be done for free. It is really popular among the freelancers because it has a bond with many freelancing sites.
3. Payza: Payza is a very simple payment app which is used to send and receive money and it is also one of the safest ones. Money can be easily sent through emails. The MasterCard which Payza offers can be used like a normal credit card too. The best part is that it is completely free and needs no monthly charges. It can be used for both business uses and personal uses very conveniently.
4. Skrill: Skrill is petty famous globally for online transactions and is a good alternative to PayPal. It is used by millions of people because its transaction fees and processing fees are low. Text messages can be directly sent from the Skrill account. Popular brands like Ladbrokes, Bet365, and Skype use Skrill.
5. Dwolla: Dwolla is a platform which does real-time payment processing. It is one of the most efficient and fastest payment apps. Payment services like Automated Clearing House are provided. Instant bank account verification is done as well. It is kind of similar to PayPal as it offers all the features that PayPal provides. For bank transfers, API is provided which helps in accessing ACH quicker than any other online payment platform. API is specially targeted towards developers. Separate transaction fees are not deducted for some payments.
6. WePay: WePay is one of the leading online payment apps available. Online shopping can be easily done without leaving the site via a virtual terminal. WePay offers one of the best customer services. They solve the problems in pretty quick sessions. Fraud protection helps in protecting information from online frauds.
7. Transfer Wise: Transfer Wise is new among the online payment platforms as it was started in 2011 but still, it is one of the best options available. Processing fees are low here and also it provides one of the best conversion rates because of which money can be easily received without losing money in currency conversions. It is built by the same people who created Skype. Various kinds of currencies are supported in Transfer Wise which makes it easier in currency conversions matters.
8. 2Checkout: 2Checkout has become quite popular for online businesses. The customer services are extremely good. Marketing experts also swear by this app. The merchant account is combined with the online payment getaway. Money can be received from credit cards and PayPal payments. Its only drawback is that their transaction fee is high.
Recommended for you:
Things to Consider Before Jumping into Online Shopping
The above-mentioned options are the best alternatives to PayPal. I hope they will be helpful while choosing the perfect one for you.