“5… 4… 3… 2… 1… Happy New Year!” An infamous line is shouted all over the world at midnight on January 1st. The New Year is a viable time of celebration, a time to rejoice, surrounded by friends and family as you bid adieu to the past year. While clicking your glasses in joy and dancing to happy music, it is essential to remember the symbolic nature of this joyous time. As we wave goodbye to the uglies and the joys of the past year, we welcome new beginnings and a fresh start, accompanied by a period of reflection. What went well this year? What do you want to improve?
Whether your New Year’s resolution is to stop procrastinating or be more confident about meeting new people, it takes work — work, most people are not willing to put it on their own. And you know what can make all the difference? Putting them into words or hearing them from their loved ones. Whether it be through a curated text message or someone wishing you in person, New Year’s wishes are something we all receive. Since it is such a time-honored practice, your thank you response has to be somewhat good. Here are some great ways to respond to all those New Year’s wishes you will be receiving.
Response to Happy New Year Wishes
The best and creative reply for new year greeting are:
- Thank you for all your wishes. I hope you had a great year and have an amazing one to come. We have made so many memories this year, and I can not wait to start making more in the coming year. Wishing you a Happy New Year as well, and I hope to see you soon.
- Seeing your message meant everything to me. To know that you are thinking of me right now was heartwarming. I know we haven’t talked much in the past year, but I hope that will change. This year comes with a fresh start, one I hope we can both use it to reconnect. Happy New Year to you too.
- Thank you so much. Having a friend like you to lean on this past year has been comforting. I can not imagine what I would have done without you. Thank you for ardently being there for me through all of it. Happy New Year to you, too, and I hope your year was as great as mine.
- At this time of new beginnings, I feel the loss of our friendship, the pain of not having you there. I miss you and your friendship. With this fresh start and year, I hope things change between us for the better. Wishing you and your beloved family a Happy New Year.
- Thank you for your wishes. I hope you have a great year and many blessings to come!
- May this year bring new happiness, new joy, new friendships, new goals, new achievements, and more. Thank you for your wishes, and Happy New Year to you too.
- A New Year is like a blank page, and it is you holding the pen. Start writing and create a beautiful story for yourself and the people around you. I know I will. Thank you for your wishes, and Happy New Year.
- Every end marks a new beginning. Keep your spirits high, and I know this year will turn out just as good as the last. Thank you for your wishes, and I hope your journey leads you somewhere beautiful. Have a great year!
- Another year has passed, and another is to come. With it, it will bring greater challenges and hurdles. I wish you the courage and hope to overcome any obstacles that you face. I want you to know that I will always be here to help and for you to turn to. Happy New Year to you too.
- Every year we tend to make New Year’s resolutions, and every year we vow to keep them. From the countless years we have known each other and the myriad resolutions we have made, you and I both certainly know that’s not happening! Happy New Year to you too, best friend!
- Happy New Year to you too! I hope you saved some drinks because we are going to be needing them all year long!
- A family like ours is like no other. I can not express in words how happy I am to be a part of this family. Seeing all of you always brings joy and happiness to my face. I know life would not be the same if I was born anywhere else. Thank you for your wishes, and Happy New Year to all of you.
- My sister/brother, my best friend, my constant pillar for support. You have been there for me throughout it all. What difference does one more year make? I can not wait to start making new memories with you. As the year reaches a closure, I wish you the best of luck. Happy New Year to you too, and I hope you have a fantastic year to come.
- The New Year is here, and the old year is gone. It is time to make new memories and start new adventures. Happy New Year to you too. Now, enough with the niceties. Let’s get this party started!
- Happy New Year mom and dad! Thank you for all the immensely fun times and always believing in me, no matter what. I would possibly not be where I am today if it weren’t for you. I can not thank you enough for all that you have done for me, but I will say it anyway. Thank you so much, and again, Happy New Year!
- Wishing you 12 months of happiness, 52 weeks of success, 365 days of laughter, 8760 hours of luck, 525600 minutes of joy, and 31536000 seconds of fun. Happy New Year to you too!
- Happy New Year to you too! Any New Year’s resolutions? I would have told you mine, but there is nothing about me that needs fixing. I’m just too perfect.
- Happy New Year to you too! Here’s to a New Year’s resolution of slacking off, a fresh beginning at binge eating, and a new chance to watch all the shows on Netflix.
- Do you know how I knew what time it was? All my regrets came back to slap me across the face. Happy New Year to you too!
- I am praying that you and your beautiful family have a happy and safe year to come. Happy New Year to you too.
- May God bless success, happiness, and prosperity upon you in the coming year. Happy New Year to you too.
- Gratitude is an essential aspect of our world today. Whether it be a simple two-worded “thank you” or a 300-word paragraph detailing your reasons for gratitude, it is something we should always show to, not only our loved ones but anyone who helps us throughout the day.
You could be the cause of someone’s happiness today, and all it would take is a two-worded phrase. The New Year, however, comes once a year, bringing happy wishes and blessings from all, providing the optimal time to express said gratitude. Say “thank you,” tell them how much they mean to you, and be assured that a smile will appear upon their face, the rest of their day, clouded with happiness. Pick one of these messages and show them how much they mean to you.
Recommended posts for you:
Why Do We Celebrate New Year?