We often use the phrase “I miss you” when we miss someone but sometimes even the usage of this phrase seems weak because it does not seem to capture the feeling of absence very well. There are many times in our life when we are missing someone a lot but we are not sure about what to say. It can be your friends, siblings, grandparents, parents, relatives or partners. Now, are you confused about what to say when the person you love is away from you? Using the same old boring phrase is not an option. There are many interesting ways in which you can express your feelings in the correct way that you are missing someone instead of using the same phrase so that the other person feels really good about it. Here, we are mentioning the different ways to say “I miss you”.
Alternative ways of saying ‘I miss you’
- I can’t wait to see you again: This is a very friendly way of saying that you are missing someone and can be used for anyone and everyone. There may be many people in your life with whom you have spent a great time and you want them to know that you miss their presence. In such situations, you can use this phrase. For example, your cousin came to visit you a few days ago and you both had a gala time together. You went bowling together, ate at amazing restaurants and even had sleepovers. Now that he is gone, you are missing him a lot. You can text this phrase to him and tell him you miss him. So, take your phone out and text your cousin, ‘I can’t wait to see you again, brother.’
- I wish you were here: This phrase is again used in a friendly manner. It is used when you are in a certain situation; you miss someone and want that person to be with you at that point in time. For example, you have a friend with whom you went to play, watch movies and a lot of other things. Suddenly, the friend moved to a new city and now you are all alone. When you go to school and feel his absence, then you can text him, ‘Hey, buddy! I am in class and I feel so lonely. I wish you were here with me.’
- I’ve been thinking of you and it made me smile: Again, this phrase can be used in a friendly manner. It can be used when you are thinking about someone a lot. Often you wake up in the morning and starting missing someone. That person can be your friend or grandparent who came to visit you and now they have gone back to their place. Wouldn’t you want to express your love? So, use this phrase in such situations and tell them that you’ve been thinking about them and that made you smile.
- You have been on my mind: This phrase is used in a romantic way. When you can’t stop thinking about someone and that person is not with you at that time, then this phrase is used. For example, you went on a date with a girl. After coming back home, you start missing her and keep thinking about her which means you have started liking her. So, why don’t you tell her about your feelings? Text her or rather call her up and say, ‘We had such a great time together today and since then you have been on my mind.’
- I crave for you: This is another romantic manner of expressing the feeling of missing someone. It is used when you want someone and craves for their presence. This phrase is used with your partner, maybe your girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or your wife. You miss your partner when he/ she is not with you and feel sad. Don’t you? So, in a very romantic manner, tell that person ‘I crave for you’ instead of saying ‘I miss you.’
- I miss you so much that it hurts: This one is a very dramatic way of saying ‘I miss you’. When you miss someone very much, where does it hurt? Undoubtedly, in your heart. So, if you are a drama lover and like using phrases which are a bit dramatic then call the person you are missing and tell him/ her, ‘I miss you so much that it hurts’. And it does hurt, right?
- All I do is think of you, your absence is more irritating than your presence: This phrase is used in a very comical way. This phrase is apt for use with friends, siblings, and partners. Some people’s presence is really irritating and when they are around, you feel irritated and cannot stand them but also, when they are not around, you start missing them and feel incomplete without them. So, express it to them and say, ‘Now that you are not around, all I do is think of you. Your absence is more irritating than your presence’. It conveys the message that you are missing them.
- How to Make him Miss You?
- How to Make a Girl Miss You?
- 20 Cute Things to Text or Say to Your Boyfriend
Hence, we have concluded some of the different ways of conveying the simple message of “I miss you” in a very effective manner. You along with the person you are missing will feel good and will be able to connect with each other.